Friday, March 30, 2012

A Letter To My Son

Sweet Liam,
    I know I brought you into this world while I was still in the process of finding myself. But as I watch my tummy grow and see how different you look every time I go in for an ultrasound, I realize more and more than I'm finding myself wrapped up in you. You're my first baby, my first son, and my first life changing experience. So if you bare with me, I'll figure it all out. You won't ever have to worry, mommy and daddy are going to always be here for you.
    I often go through all the things we've bought you, I can sit here for hours just folding and unfolding your clothes that you'll be in within the next 12 months. I stare at your ultrasound pictures for minutes at a time, just amazed that you're already getting so big, and it won't ever stop. I'd walk to the ends of this earth to make sure you're happy and healthy. I can't wait to hold your little body in my arms. Daddy can't wait to teach you sports and how to hunt. (I'm not too thrilled about the hunting part)
    "I knew I loved you before I met you." Can you imagine what it's going to be like when we do meet? I'm so excited to see who you look more like. I think you'll look like your daddy. Let's just hope you're not as stubborn as him ;) I can't wait to show you the world. I love you so much sweet boy.
                                                                                   Love, Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment