Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Shower Theme + Gender Reveal Party?

Baby Shower Theme:
I was kind of wanting to do something like a Luau, because I love the beach, the ocean, and everything in between. Either that or elephants, rubber duckies, modern owls, pin wheels and paums..
-or-
 there's this cute theme- you base it on the first letter of your baby's name, so say your baby's name is Brooke.. You'll decorate with birds, bubbles, ballet shoes, bottles, balloons, bears, bees, blow fish? AND even colors such as: Baby blue, beige, brown, black, bronze, blue green.. Any cute thing starting with a B!
Pin Wheels and Paums Themed Shower
 Woodland Forest Themed Shower
 Guess Whoooo's Having A Baby! (Owl Themed Shower)
Taste The Rainbow Themed Shower
Now I do realize a lot of mommies out there find it "tacky" to do your own baby shower, but I'm too much of a perfectionish to allow anyone else to come up with the theme, do all the decorating, everything. I will make the decorations and what not but I asked my mom to "hold the baby shower for me" but to allow me to add the things I want into it. She agreed so BAM, we have a decision :]

Gender Reveal Party:
The thought of a gender reveal party is sooo exciting and I'm starting to really consider having one. Either that or I just want Chris and I to get a photographer, and do something more creative than the old "cutting the cake" idea. Here are some pics to give you a general idea of what the party consists of.


"It's a boy!"

See, now isn't that cute and would be fun memories to tell the baby about :]
There's other ways to reveal the gender. Since Easter is coming up, you can have an easter egg hunt. After everyone is done searching and all eggs are found, open them and whoever finds the egg with the gender reveal in it gets a prize!
Also, you can find a huge cardboard box, and pink balloons if it's a girl, blue for boy, paint the box saying BOY or GIRL? All cute-like, then have the photographer take pics of you and your hubby opening the box together as the pink or blue balloons fly out! :]

1 comment:

  1. Lovely baby shower themes! I like the rainbow tasty treats the most. Although it's common but if we opt for something different we can go for forest theme as well. Will select one of them for my daughter's birthday party next month. It will look fabulous at event halls for rent near our place. Food arrangements done will be similar.

    ReplyDelete